Looking at buying a new property or home? Make sure it’s safe before you sign!
A Pre-purchase Building Inspection by Building Inspection Bargara will provide you with a thorough report on a building’s condition so that you know exactly what you are buying. We’ll examine all the accessible areas of the building including the sub-floor and ceiling space and list any problems or potential problems. A Pre-purchase by Building Inspection Maroochydore is your opportunity to get an unbiased, objective appraisal of the true condition of the property. You may also find your mortgage provider requires a report as part of the loan conditions. A Pre-purchase by Building Inspections Maryborough is usually combined with a Timber Pest Inspection.
Building inspection Hervey bay. Our Building Inspections report can be used to detect Building structural defects, particularly following renovations or general building work. Ease your concerns by letting Building and pest inspection services, inspect your building with a non-compromising eye. Unlike other Building inspection Mooloolaba we inspect each individual component of the building from floor to ceiling.
Some (but not all!) of the problems our Pre-purchase Building Inspection might identify:
Building and pest inspection Alexandra Headland, will examine
Sub Floor Inspection
- Rising damp to the sub floor soil.
- Leaking or damaged drainage and water service pipes.
- Timber debris and storage – encouraging termite infestation.
- Rotten Wooden stumps or cracked concrete stumps.
- Irregular (out of plumb) and broken stumps, disproportionate packing or sinking of stumps.
- Wood Decay affected flooring and frames under soaked areas (bathrooms/laundry).
Roof Area Inspection
- Roof framing disconnection, timber breakdown or decay.
- Termite damage to the timber frame.
- Insulation inspection.
- Oxidation and or corrosion of roof sheeting.
- Unsatisfactory support for roof load.
Other issues to understand whilst Building Inspection and pest inspection Mackay routine:
- Pergola building approvals.
- Tree’s overgrown branches or roots structure close to the building fabric.
- Damaged fencing and any potential collapse issues are inspected during the building inspection.
- Non-conforming extensions.
- Exterior wall cladding for any irregularity, major cracking.
- Disproportionate gaps between the window frames possibly caused by continuous footings/wall movement.
- Constant rise in wetness.
- Major irregularity and cracking may be an issue with the footings of the residence which may require underpinning mechanism. Underpinning is supposed be the last resort after all other options have explored.
- Cladding in ground contact which could cause termite ingress.
Internal floor levels
- Stepped floors may indicate footings issues and re-stumping may be necessary.
- Slab dwellings bumpy floors may specify cracking of the slab footing which will be an expensive repair ordeal.
- An uneven floor may also specify that the dwelling was not levelled adequately and may not cause any key structural issue.
Window frame rot or metal window oxidisation
- Timber window frame decay may occur with poor maintenance.
- Any fungal decomposition (rot) of wood should be removed as this is favours termite ingress.
- Fractured window panes require replacement for safety reasons.
- Oxidation of window and door frames in a corrosives environment.
- Sewer wastes building up will cause corrosion and impending leakage.
- Down pipes may not be linked to rain water drainage in old homes.
- Surplus water in the region of the home can be reason for rising damp problems, which is conducive to termite ingress and may cause movement cracking in walls over time due to surplus water breach into the footings.
- Good drainage is a must as it is essential that water does not accumulate around the bottom of the home walls and that all drains are correctly attached to respective drainage pipes.
- Surface water should be drained away from the domicile which is assessed in our House Inspection service. Again, this may be the origin footings movement over time, is conducive to termite infestation and can cause rising damp and fungal decay.
- We examine for any leaking tap heads, seals, shower wall and base tiles during the building inspection.
- Shower recesses leaking are frequent in old and sometimes vacant homes which should be habitually inspected to be professionally re-sealed.
- Shower taps and tap wall penetrations should all be sealed to stop water admission into the wall cavity to avoid damp related problems and decay.
- Leaking bathrooms and water pipes to the sub floor is an area frequent for termite invasion due to their liking for damp, dark and moist environment.
Internal Building Inspections Rockhampton
- Building and pest inspection Bundaberg checks functioning and state of all doors, window frames and panes, cupboards. We also observe damaged tiles, badly scuffed walls, patched walls and or ceilings, cracking of walls and ceilings, uneven floor levels, rising damp down to the inconsequential issues of gas cooking appliances. Smoke alarms and flyscreens.
- QBCC Builder - Medium Rise License Number 1048753
- QBCC Completed Residential Building Inspection License Number 1048753
Call building and pest inspection services Gladstone, Tannum Sands, Calliope and Agnes Water on 1800466456.